That's more like it
Ok, maybe they were rusty. Maybe they started to believe they were better then they really are and just needed a wake up call. Either way I'll take it.
The game started off very poorly. 12-4 Boston very early in the game. Detroit missed their first 8 shots. I almost thought about turning off the game. We were down all half, but Rip hit a shot from about 35 feet at the end of the second quarter and it really sparked the team.
Sheed was into the game and really started taking over in the second half. It was so good to see. He needed a bounce back game and he got it. He looked like he was having fun. Dunks. 3's, a huge block on Paul Pierce, jumping up and down the court, and of course talking garbage ("AND 1!", "Ball don't lie", etc). When he is playing good , I love hearing him talk crap. It fires me up when I am watching him. But someone needs to tell him that he hasn't played like a guy who gets to talk a lot of crap in a long time. I want him to be a force. I want him to be a guy that deserves 20 mil. Yes, he has his games and his moments, but we need him to consistently do so if we want to have a good year. There is no reason that he cannot average 20 points and 10 boards a game. So DO IT Sheed.
Rip and Chauncey both had very good games. Chauncey was a brick house early and often (1 for his first 8), but really got it together in the 4th. Dropping dimes all over the place, taking it to the hole, finishing and getting fouled, and he was money from the line. I am watching Chauncey learn that he is getting good enough to get calls when he drives. He watch D Wade do it all last year in the playoffs. He has been doing it for a while now (trying to draw calls) but the problem was that the refs gave him no love. I saw him drive on Paul Pierce late in the game, saw clearly a clean block, and Chauncey got the call. I like it, this bodes well for the Pistons.
I will stop calling Rip spaz if he continues to play like he did against the Celtics. He was all over the place, like the Tazmanian Devil, and there was nothing that anyone could do. When he is on, he is unstoppable. When he is off, he looks like he is completely out of control and rushing everything. He hit some shots that he got up so fast I wasn't sure if he had even looked at the basket. Great game Rip.
Much cleaner game tonight. Only 6 turnovers. This I hope will be a nice blueprint game for the Pistons. Take care of the ball, and Rip, Chauncey and Sheed each score 20, and we are all good. We will have our scoring droughts, like we did last year. Started cold as ice in the first, and early in the 4th they had a 9-0 run against them. But the difference in this game was that they also had some huge runs themselves.
Nazr, I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't think you are ready to play as a full time starting center, but you need to learn sometime. He did have some nice blocks, scored 14, and didn't look uncomfortable with the ball in his hands like someone that used to play center for us. He is not a great rebounder now, but he might become at least better as the season goes. He will have some big stat nights that will be deceiving, and maybe that will motivate him. He is not feared in the lane, but he has blocked a lot of shots already.
I will start getting mad if one of two things doesn't happen:
1. Carlos Delfino plays more then Flip Murray
2. Flip Murray stops sucking.
One of the two, I don't care.
Good game boys, nice to see you back.
The game started off very poorly. 12-4 Boston very early in the game. Detroit missed their first 8 shots. I almost thought about turning off the game. We were down all half, but Rip hit a shot from about 35 feet at the end of the second quarter and it really sparked the team.
Sheed was into the game and really started taking over in the second half. It was so good to see. He needed a bounce back game and he got it. He looked like he was having fun. Dunks. 3's, a huge block on Paul Pierce, jumping up and down the court, and of course talking garbage ("AND 1!", "Ball don't lie", etc). When he is playing good , I love hearing him talk crap. It fires me up when I am watching him. But someone needs to tell him that he hasn't played like a guy who gets to talk a lot of crap in a long time. I want him to be a force. I want him to be a guy that deserves 20 mil. Yes, he has his games and his moments, but we need him to consistently do so if we want to have a good year. There is no reason that he cannot average 20 points and 10 boards a game. So DO IT Sheed.
Rip and Chauncey both had very good games. Chauncey was a brick house early and often (1 for his first 8), but really got it together in the 4th. Dropping dimes all over the place, taking it to the hole, finishing and getting fouled, and he was money from the line. I am watching Chauncey learn that he is getting good enough to get calls when he drives. He watch D Wade do it all last year in the playoffs. He has been doing it for a while now (trying to draw calls) but the problem was that the refs gave him no love. I saw him drive on Paul Pierce late in the game, saw clearly a clean block, and Chauncey got the call. I like it, this bodes well for the Pistons.
I will stop calling Rip spaz if he continues to play like he did against the Celtics. He was all over the place, like the Tazmanian Devil, and there was nothing that anyone could do. When he is on, he is unstoppable. When he is off, he looks like he is completely out of control and rushing everything. He hit some shots that he got up so fast I wasn't sure if he had even looked at the basket. Great game Rip.
Much cleaner game tonight. Only 6 turnovers. This I hope will be a nice blueprint game for the Pistons. Take care of the ball, and Rip, Chauncey and Sheed each score 20, and we are all good. We will have our scoring droughts, like we did last year. Started cold as ice in the first, and early in the 4th they had a 9-0 run against them. But the difference in this game was that they also had some huge runs themselves.
Nazr, I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't think you are ready to play as a full time starting center, but you need to learn sometime. He did have some nice blocks, scored 14, and didn't look uncomfortable with the ball in his hands like someone that used to play center for us. He is not a great rebounder now, but he might become at least better as the season goes. He will have some big stat nights that will be deceiving, and maybe that will motivate him. He is not feared in the lane, but he has blocked a lot of shots already.
I will start getting mad if one of two things doesn't happen:
1. Carlos Delfino plays more then Flip Murray
2. Flip Murray stops sucking.
One of the two, I don't care.
Good game boys, nice to see you back.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home